2.10.2008

First Week of February

Not many noteworthy things happened this week- except, perhaps several beautiful days, including a 69 degree day- but the week and weekend flew by, nonetheless. Following a Friday movie night with friends, Patrick and I made some delicious vanilla-almond-crunch French toast out of a loaf of challah bread I baked, and went on a nice evening walk on Saturday. We cleaned the house up (finally) on Sunday- it looks really sharp!- and had a couple of friends over for brunch and the Red Wings game that was on in the afternoon. Patrick was super excited, despite their loss, because there's been a lack of broadcasted hockey down here. We already know what we're doing next week Sunday too, seeing as there will be another aired game. :)

As for the coming week, work and school for Patrick as usual, and my first day on the job on Tuesday for me. I'm a bit scared since I will be leaving the comforts of home behind, but I've already made a list of how all my paychecks over the next year will be spent- haha. :) I'll have to let you know how it all goes, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

dad a. said...

good luck with the job thingy. too bad you have to put up with that weather. we have over a foot of snow and sub zero temperatures. you two are missing out on car doors frozen shut, non-stop furnace running, and the ever present joy of shovelling.