We originally had reservations for a nice restaurant, but because of the fixed four course menu it was using today, we decided to cancel and opt for something cheaper but still romantic by having a tasty dinner at home on the floor in front of our first experimental fire in our fireplace. I decided to surprise Patrick with the firewood by dragging in a bunch of mangled branches fallen in our yard after the ice storm we had earlier this week. I was proud of myself, but it kinda shocked him when he got home and opened the office door. :)
After our lovely Chinese Barbecue Chicken Lettuce Wraps served by candlelight in front of a warm crackling fire, Patrick picked up the platter and dishes and took them to the kitchen, and when he came back and sat on the floor he brought something else back with him- a ring! And as you can assume, I said yes. :) So check out the picture of the gorgeous ring Patrick had made for me- a blue sapphire bordered by 2 white sapphires and set in white gold.
I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day, but to tell the truth, I am not so sure yours will top ours. All the same, lots of love to you all!
9 comments:
If you click on the picture of the ring to see a larger image, and if you look closely, you can see my reflection in it (distorted). My head, my blue shirt and the shoulder of my black cardigan!
beautiful ring. a picture of a beautiful couple above its picture. congrats you two. love you kids.
Congratulations! It is an exciting time for you and for all who love you. Much to look forward to. Happy Valentine's Day and remember to keep your mother informed as plans develop!
Congratulations!!! Great job Pat! Beautiful ring.
What a nice way to celebrate Valentine's Day.
live, Mom
Hey - Can't spell this morning. And, notice I am using Mark's account? He logged on on my laptop so now I can get in without effort!!!!
LOVE, Mom
ya know, mom, Dad made an account for you two using his email- you could interrogate (i.e. annoy) him until he forks over the log in and the password. :)
I will be sure to live as well...
Well all this mushy stuff is just too much. All I have to say is WAY TO GO PAT. ONE WOMAN THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!? LOL ;)
(I really wanted to quote some "Old School" but that might not be clean enough)
Of course I've seen you too grow closer together throughout your years together. I'm really happy and excited for you. I had to keep my mouth shut for a LONG time, Atalie.
The ring looks even better than you described. I can't wait to see it in person. Now Mike and I have an excuse to go visit you.
Congrats to you both. Can you please add me to your readers. I changed my e-mail address b/c of junk mail. my new one is briehensley@juno.com
Lots of love to you both!!!! Can't wait for the big day!!!
Oh by the way the message from Marissa was really from Brie!!!
Post a Comment