1.28.2008

I just became employed! (and guess, by who)

.....by the HR department at Missouri State University. Haha!

Kinda crazy after my interview didn't give me much feeling of hope, and not necessarily my dream job, but still a job. All I know right now is it's part-time in the mornings, $9/hr, and doing paperwork / ordering time cards / spreadsheets /etc, since I am waiting for the employment and training specialist to call me back to tell me more. However, Patrick and I just need some extra money, it's a job that'll look ok on my resume, and at least working at the university means I can walk to work and don't have to go in on weekends or holidays. So hopefully all shall work out well.

(Big sigh.) That's for relief and nervousness. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

not having to drive is always a plus

dad a. said...

yea! your foot is in the door, and there's perks other jobs don't have. the walk to work option is a plus(i'm with bigred on that)-save gas, car wear, less frustration of traffic/commuting. so, do you get discounts on classes and stuff, free gym or pool use? will you have insider info on job openings that you might want? the holiday-weekend-same schedule as patrick should be nice. okay, that's all. love to ya both from all here in g-r-m-i.

dad a. said...

are you two allowed to fraternize? student/administrative restriction or employee/employee constraints? yikes.

mdw said...

Well done A!!

Atalie said...

Thanks! :)