Thanksgiving was great! It was nice to visit with family and friends that I haven't seen for three months. The drive up was pretty uneventful; Atalie and I rotated driving (of course I had to drive through St. Louis and Chicago!) and spent tuesday night at Atalie's younger sister Brittany's new apartment in Kalamazoo. I drove over to Okemos the next morning and the two of them went up to GR. We both spent Thanksgiving day with our separate families and Mr. A dropped Atalie off in Okemos later in the evening (Thanks!). Following an early morning on Black Friday we drove to GR and spent the evening hanging out with two of Atalie's high school friends. Saturday we relaxed and spent time with her family and watched the Lakers beat North Dakota! Saturday night we spent visiting with our GV friends which was great fun and then went to bed only to get up early Sunday for the drive back. I drove all but the last 100 miles, which passed quickly due to Atalie reading out loud to us. We made it here in record time (with only going five over) 10 hours, 45 minutes, including 30 minutes for stops. The car obviously survived but we definitely should check into getting the cruise control fixed...
Glad to get back in the swing of things, but we miss everyone back home! See you in 3 weeks!
2 comments:
we miss you, too. glad the trip went okay. look forward to seeing you at Christmas break. love to ya both.
It was great to see you guys again! And wowza is that a long drive... Also, wanted to let you know Suzy said the box to buzz into their building doesnt work... So, 417-849-7559 ... and they are expecting you at some point :)Thanks again for dropping off the package! - Jill
Post a Comment