While we've become a bit lazy about some things around here lately (laundry all over the floor, and a monster dish pile that has taken 3 or 4 batches of wash n dry to take care of, for examples), we've been getting other stuff taken care of.
Thank goodness, our futon has finally had the broken part replaced, for starters. Just past a month since calling the store, they got around to calling us back with arrangements for picking it up this week. Patrick's semester long projects are due this coming week, and we spent the weekend in the computer lab, so he could finish up most of the work on those. I also, after much procrastination, have started my job hunt. (yuck)
Luckily, while still in Texas, I revised my cover letter, began editing my resume, and started a list of agencies I could look into, so it made getting started a little easier for me. So far I have focused on a few of the agencies to dig up some information on, I've looked up specific job postings on career-finding websites (some advertising related, some not- such as receptionist jobs), and I am almost finished with two applications.
Only two more weeks before we're already back in Michigan for Christmas break, and it looks like that time will continue being spent taking care of business: studying for exams for Patrick, job hunting for me, dropping off a package for a friend of ours (probably late this week, Jill!), completing the last of the Christmas shopping, and maybe hosting a movie night or something at our apartment for our buddies to attend before everyone leaves town. Hope you're all staying pleasantly busy too! :)
2 comments:
glad you don't have to sit on the floor to watch tv anymore. and your friends can sit on movie night.
that was me (dad a.)who wrote the above comment. i thought i identified myself in the "choose an identity" field-- but apparently not. oh, well. long day, tired, all those kind of excuses, etc. actually, i should have blamed someone else. there's a little advice for you two. blaming others (deservedly or not) puts negative attention elsewhere; thereby making you look so much better!
Post a Comment