Our apartment is slowly coming along, as I've gotten basically everything put away and cleaned up, and the maintenance guy has been over a couple times to get some things taken care of like the patchy tiling in the bathroom, yellow blinds, and the gap under our front door letting in a nasty draft. Things should be even better around here after we pick up a few more belongings when we visit Michigan next week, and when we have our futon replaced. Have we told you about that yet??? The darn $600 futon got a major crack in it for no reason less than 3 months after receiving it, and after we called them out on it, they told us to wait 3-4 weeks before we could get it fixed since they're "totally out" of our specific futon. That month is running out and I do believe I had better hear from them soon....
Aside of that, I've been enjoying my time off of school getting a lot of reading done- mostly murder mysteries- and I recently started exercising again. I tried aerobic kickboxing at first, but after nearly throwing up and dying of lack of oxygen, I decided to start out smaller with some yoga. Today (about 3 weeks later) I tried the kickboxing DVD again, and I did a lot better! I definitely notice the difference the yoga has made in my muscle strength and flexibility!!! (Although I felt like I'd nearly throw up again- best to wait a while after eating before doing extensive exercise, I suppose. haha)
I've also been hanging out with Patrick and his friends on the weekends. Last Saturday, we went to a cowboy bar for one of our pal's b-day. I rode the mechanical bull there!!! I was pretty nervous, but after watching a couple of our party members give it a try, I decided to have a go. There's a guy who operates it and he'll adjust the skill level for each person, so it wasn't nearly as scary as I thought. Still didn't stay on very long though! Haha- as soon as we get some pictures from our friends, I'll have to post one!
In the meantime, we just got a pic from one of our friend's Halloween party, so here we are as Jack and Jill! It might be hard to see, but we smeared black eye shadow on us and put bandaids on to simulate injuries from falling down a hill, Patrick had gauze wrapped around his broken crown under the hat, and we don't have our dented pail with us in the picture either. But hopefully you can tell that we put together a good couple's costume! :)

4 comments:
i think that is a good look for you two. you should consider it for every day.
drive safely. we're looking forward to your michigan visit. love ya's
i'm told you guys should check out the crystal caves if you havnt already....:) once back in MO that is... hope to see you guys this weekend!
I'm told that Jill is right and crystal caves are cool (per my sister and John the hippies).
Pat I have a proposition for you... since Atalie has only taken a month to get your house in order, I'll pay you for a month to borrow her to get Adam and I's shit together!!!
much love to the families!
Holly
Post a Comment