Patrick gave an update on his work life; as for personal, it's also included a bit of outdoors.
For Easter season we chose to forgo crucifixion and instead opted for a burning at the stake. Followup included a casket forged of graham and chocolate and burial via mandible.
We spent a lot of time in the garden again this spring, prepping beds and planting veggies. A pleasant surprise was the poppy seeds I planted last year (with little success) apparently spread and mutliplied this year all along the perimeter of our apple tree and leafy edible greens. They added a lot of glam to the yard!
Our pal, Matt (in foreground), acquired a small retired wine barrel. Since we all lacked equipment to brew enough for the barrel, there was a conspiring and sharing of resources (with our friend Phil, in background, as well) to brew the full amount to fill it!
Even Liliann (Matt's 3-year old) joined in the festivities. A fun day of collaboration, and of course, refreshments alongside!
Speaking of Liliann, I spent most of the Saturday before Mother's Day helping distract her on a weekend field trip Patrick & Matt were assisting with. I was a little nervous since my interaction with youngsters is limited, but she's a real cool kid and very well behaved. Plus I got a colorful finger-painted 'Thank You' card delivered to me the next day- can't beat that!
The next day, Liliann wasn't around for me to distract, so I needed distraction. Thus playing with the macro feature on the camera while trying to keep this dude from crawling in my bag.
I got the chance to see Patrick in a teaching role, as he showed students from UC Davis how to take a flow measurement of some sort using a particular set of equipment.
I keep getting exposure to new types of plant life out here. These looked like flying saucers.
Patrick and I had carpooled with a coworker of his named Erin (and her dog Sage- lower right corner), so once the field trip was done, the three of us chose to explore a little before heading home. There was a short hike Erin had heard of with a nice vista. We aren't quite sure if we chose the intended trail, but it lead us to a great view regardless.
Our perspective from our perch.
I just thought this rock looked interesting. Probably would have been good for bouldering too!
Our personal travels also took us to LA recently, so we'll have something on that in the future as well. Notice I chose to omit the word "soon" since I've learned my lesson on throwing that around. I'd rather not risk being a liar anymore! :)
3 comments:
>At,couldn't you find any worms to practice with the camera's macro? also, is that ground mostly sand, or light colored dirt, or just rock? it almost looks snow-like in a couple picts.
Glad you left that bug behind. That was a pretty view.
Glad you left that bug behind. That was a pretty view.
Post a Comment