6.25.2013

Catching Up

This is the first in a couple blogs from me (Patrick) updating/documenting everything I was up to this past winter and spring...  This is what I've been doing at work.

 Found this site destroyed by a tree (foreground) in Sierra NF. I had fiberglass all over me for 3 days after fixing it.

 Chillin in the sun wiring up a datalogger.

A couple of our many methods of travel in the winter time.

On a snow survey in the Stanislaus NF.

Got a few new toys... er... tools for work.

We rednecked our snowmobile trailer so that it could haul pipes this summer.

Dragged the new hires on a 2 mile hike with bags of cement.

As for what I'm doing now... I've been gone 3 or so days per week the past 3 weeks and don't really see an end in sight.  It's been fun but is starting to take it's toll since nothing ever goes as planned.  Our slogan on the project this summer is "it's always something."  On the plus side, the weather has been awesome and the mountains are as beautiful as ever!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pat, what are they measuring? I'm trying to figure out what the square thing 1/2 way on the horizontal bar is.

Patrick said...

That is the shield for a temperature and relative humidity sensor (the sensor is in the center of it). We also measure snow depth at these locations (the square box on the end of the cross arm). In the future we plan to install some soil moisture sensors at select sites.

dad a. said...

Can't have anything nice in the woods without nature coming along and wrecking it! Just reassure your parents/parents-in-law, there's always at least two (the buddy system) on these remote trips, right?

aaa said...

I want a toy like that!