You can see more of Pat's costume in this photo, which looks really good. And Patrick dressed up as his German grandpa- some of his pieces were authentic! (I think he looks quite cute. hehe!) He even had an Oktoberfest mug from Germany he broke out later.
11.02.2009
Trick or treat!
We started Halloween with something a little different this year... a 10K race! My friend Jackie and I are training for a half marathon in December, and part of the training includes running in a smaller race or two. The weather was beautiful and the atmosphere was very encouraging, so the 6.2 miles felt better to run than any of my exercise sessions have been yet, despite more uphill areas than I expected or prepared for. I'm not speedy but I jogged the whole way, and with more topography than I'm used to, I suppose my 1:07:10 time wasn't too bad. After the race, Patrick & I were busy decorating, cooking and cleaning all day for a little party we hosted that night. Our place had great ambiance, the food was delicious, and there were some creative costumes! The weekend was tiring, but overall very enjoyable. :) Take a look!
Meeting at Pat & Jackie's before the race. It was a chilly morning when I put my number on, but later I got warm and had to unpin and repin it to my shirt w/o stabbing myself while running, since I wanted to take off my jacket!
Patrick got this picture of the crowd gathered at the starting line in front of the store. We're about ready to take off!
Our decor included jack-o-lanterns! Here's Patrick's- it didn't feel so well and had a bit of an accident on our cupboard.
Isn't Jackie's costume awesome?! :) She made it herself! Pat is Sam Adams (he made the vest on his own). To their left are our friends Ben & Scott.
It looked really funny seeing the two of them kiss though!
Derek made a great Captain Ahab, and Erin made a cute Moby Dick when she flipped her fins around. :)

You can see more of Pat's costume in this photo, which looks really good. And Patrick dressed up as his German grandpa- some of his pieces were authentic! (I think he looks quite cute. hehe!) He even had an Oktoberfest mug from Germany he broke out later.
I raided my closet and dressed as frumpish as possible. I think it worked! haha! Notice the lipstick on my teeth and smeared on my face- my friends seemed to like that small touch- and the Happy Valentine's day button. If I had turned around, you'd see the granny panties sticking up out of my pants.
You can see more of Pat's costume in this photo, which looks really good. And Patrick dressed up as his German grandpa- some of his pieces were authentic! (I think he looks quite cute. hehe!) He even had an Oktoberfest mug from Germany he broke out later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
having a little trouble picking you out in that starting line picture. . . . . . were you inside the store?
she was in the back of the pack. It was the only picture I could get that showed the starting line clearly. I was going to try to get a picture of her passing by but she was on the other side of the road.
yeah, some of the depth is lost in the picture- i was actually about in the middle. i was going to post a video, which would give you more idea of how many people there (and you can see part of my face for a fraction of a second if you know where to look) but the file was too big.
you know- i realized that i've seen pictures of myself that look similar to my halloween one. probably from when i was about 7 and dipped into grandma's makeup and clothes w/ cousin, amanda. :)
Post a Comment