11.17.2009

busy, busy, busy... sort of

Thought I'd post an update on what we're up to down here in MO...

I'm "done" with my thesis and waiting to get proofs back from the Graduate College so that I can print the final version and submit it to be bound. In the mean time, I've been working part-time for the school to bring some more cash into the house. The rest of the semester will be working on a manuscript for submission to a peer-reviewed journal.

Atalie has been training for her half marathon coming up in a few weeks. She has slacked off a little, but now it's crunch time (as if you can cram for a half marathon). She's up to ~10 miles as of right now (yay!) so she'll probably be ok on race day.

As some of you know, I'm addicted to a new drug: rock climbing. The past two Saturdays we took day trips down to Arkansas so that I might get my fix...



3 comments:

dad a. said...

what's up with the manuscript thingy? haven't heard about that.

Patrick said...

One of the stipulations of my continued work with OEWRI was that I help write and publish some of the research I worked on while a Research Assistant (RA). One article will be on my thesis work and the other on my RA work. The first draft for my RA work is due by Christmas.

dad a. said...

just a heads-up::: December 12,2009 @ 1 p.m. EST/12 p.m. CST @ Braly Municipal Stadium Florence, Alabama #3 Grand Valley State University Lakers (13-1)vs. #2 Northwest Missouri State University Bearcats (13-1)... who do ya cheer for now that you live in missouri?