I started the day off by spoiling myself with one of my fave drinks- a vanilla latte! I had told myself I must hold off my craving until my birthday morning so it would be more special. And when I got to work, I had yummy things to eat with it- Shirin and Pam bought donuts in honor of the day! We found it amusing how many treats we'd have to eat- remember, I made cupcake cones to bring in too!- but we laughed out loud when one of our reps stopped by to tell me happy birthday and brought a huge cheesecake/fruit filled danish pie as a gift! I ended up saving that and taking it home, but I thought it was very kind of our rep- and I have no idea how she found out it was my birthday either, which made it even more of a surprise.
That wasn't my only special delivery to the office that day. My family sent a package with sweet cards and gifts, that was scheduled to arrive the day prior, but was delivered fashionably late, for better birthday timing. And later, when I went up front to sign for FedEx, I was thrilled to find it was a beautiful bouquet of my favorite flowers- gerbera daisies in all sorts of vibrant colors!- sent to me by Patrick. He was out of town in NC at the time, but he was still more than successful at treating me. I didn't get much work done that day with the flood of phone calls and deliveries, but I can assure you- I didn't mind at all!
More perfectly timed mail was awaiting me at home, filled with birthday wishes and surprises from my Aunt Cheri and Grandma, and a delicious dinner awaited me @ Pat & Jackie's where a group of our friends had gathered for grilling and a smorgasbord of five star food options. Although it was a hot day, things cooled down for a beautiful night of lounging in their backyard.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/75638/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-twitter-tracker
http://www.hulu.com/watch/76852/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-twitter-tracker (the one from my bday)
http://www.hulu.com/watch/83686/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-tonight-show-twitter-tracker#s-p1-st-i1
So I want to thank everybody for a whole day of awesomeness. Really, everyday in my life is more awesome because I have all of you!
2 comments:
So, originally I typed "smorgesborg" when writing this entry, but the spell check corrected me. Patrick and I don't recall ever hearing anyone say it with a "d" instead of a "g" ending. Apparently all of us are saying it wrong! Or, maybe we should just petition for a revision to the dictionary!
you probably don't remember going to sweden house long ago.
when in doubt, write something easy, like 'all you can eat buffet'.
however, that word sounds like it should spell 'buffay'.
Post a Comment