7.19.2009

James River Float- June 20

Too bad Patrick missed this canoe trip while he was in NC (that's ok though- we went on another, more extended one like a week or two later). It was a beautiful day, and I kayaked for the first time. I was a bit wobbly at first and ran into a branch which knocked a TON of little black bugs all inside the kayak and on top of me, but before long I got the hang of it and really enjoyed myself. Wouldn't mind having one of my own and going more often! Here's some pictures of the group and the river:

Jackie, Barley & Pat

Derek & Erin


Dave was being trailed by Pat & Jackie's canoe until the rope got caught on some fallen trees and they cut him loose. It took him longer to drift down the river than us, but he didn't seem to mind- he looked pretty relaxed!


By this point, I felt pretty comfortable in Derek's kayak. Patrick and I think we'd like one similar to this if we got one.

This is a really good picture, but its also funny since Pat looks naked!


Both Derek & Jackie took a quick dip and grabbed on to the ends of their respective canoes to literally hang out for a bit.

Barley looked like he was seriously contemplating joining Jackie for a swim!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I liked the photos.

Unknown said...

That comment really wasn't from Brittany, it's from mom, but for some reason since I am on Brit's computer it has mistaken our identities.

Atalie said...

Impostor! :)

dad a. said...

Writing using someone else's account sounds like something mom womble would do (and has, if i remember correctly).
That imposter business and mothers --- if you can't trust your own mothers, who can you trust?