I did somewhat of a halfway flip over the side of my right handlebar as me and the bike took the tumble to the asphalt, injuring my body, my bike, and a bit of my pride (I mean, what a stupid way to fall! taking my hand off for just a sec- come on!). Although, it actually wasn't nearly as embarrassing as other things I've done, probably because my initial instinct was just to wisely get up and out of the road as quickly as possible. That being said, injuries to all three were quite minor thankfully. My bike seat got a small tear in it, some scratches and scuffs on the right gear changer and front of the bike, and my cute sounding bell broke. :( I'm more sad about all that than myself after spending so much money on my pretty bike last year! As for me:
6.08.2009
Whether I'm on 2 feet or 2 wheels- I can't escape my clumsiness!
A week ago, Kat and I were riding our bikes over to our friend Luke's house. We're about to pull into the driveway, so you'd think cool- we got there w/o problem. But no. This is me we're talking about. I let go of my bike w/ my left hand to signal I was turning left, lost my balance, and took a spill in the street, backing up three cars behind me (at least they were far enough back and the speed limit is slow enough that I didn't get run over).
I did somewhat of a halfway flip over the side of my right handlebar as me and the bike took the tumble to the asphalt, injuring my body, my bike, and a bit of my pride (I mean, what a stupid way to fall! taking my hand off for just a sec- come on!). Although, it actually wasn't nearly as embarrassing as other things I've done, probably because my initial instinct was just to wisely get up and out of the road as quickly as possible. That being said, injuries to all three were quite minor thankfully. My bike seat got a small tear in it, some scratches and scuffs on the right gear changer and front of the bike, and my cute sounding bell broke. :( I'm more sad about all that than myself after spending so much money on my pretty bike last year! As for me:
Banged my right knee up a bit- it looked a little worse in person since it was slightly bruised too, but doesn't show up too well.
Right elbow scrape.
I did somewhat of a halfway flip over the side of my right handlebar as me and the bike took the tumble to the asphalt, injuring my body, my bike, and a bit of my pride (I mean, what a stupid way to fall! taking my hand off for just a sec- come on!). Although, it actually wasn't nearly as embarrassing as other things I've done, probably because my initial instinct was just to wisely get up and out of the road as quickly as possible. That being said, injuries to all three were quite minor thankfully. My bike seat got a small tear in it, some scratches and scuffs on the right gear changer and front of the bike, and my cute sounding bell broke. :( I'm more sad about all that than myself after spending so much money on my pretty bike last year! As for me:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooooo, I don't like seeing this. Mom's never like to see their child get injured, but I am glad it wasn't any worse. Sorry about your little bell; I know how much you liked it.
good news! the bell isn't broken! the effects of the fall must have damaged her observational skills since it was just spun around on the handlebars.
Post a Comment