6.04.2009

Patrick the Nomad & the Cow Cookie Platter

This month is full of traveling for Patrick. Last week, we were in Michigan to visit family and attend a wedding. On our way back to Missouri on Sunday, I dropped him off at the airport in St. Louis so he could catch his plane to Jamaica (where he currently is until late Tuesday night, with a group from school). And 4 days after his return, he'll be headed to North Carolina to help his professor collect some research. So while we all wait for his pictures of far away places, I'll fill the void with highlights from our trip to Michigan and pictures of the wedding.

We started the week off by seeing Star Trek with my parents (very good!) and grilling at our friend Mike's. We also got to catch up w/ Brad and my best friend Cassandra a bit (which meant seeing her cute baby- she's getting so big!). The middle of the week was spent doing errands like health-related appointments and visiting secretary of state (Patrick drove me there insisting I replace my black hair photo when renewing my license). Thursday I had a girls night with Cassandra, Mattie (her baby), and our friend Amy- shopping & eating of course! Friday, mom took the day off so we could have a Goodwill marathon, paused for a delicious lunch at a new restaurant that used to be our neighborhood's library. Patrick came back from his parents house that night, after a retirement party for his pastor, to find mom and me in the process of making a mosaic covered table for him to use as a nightstand (right now he's got a stack of milk crates).


Turned out rather well, don't you think? :D

Saturday we attended the wedding of our friends Sam(antha) & Kory, who were both in the geology program at GVSU with Patrick. We both had a really good time catching up with some of our old pals and hitting the dance floor!

The new Mr. & Mrs.! (Thank goodness for facebook- I took this one from the album of someone I don't even know!)

What a philanthropist- donating to the dollar dance. What a sacrifice! I mean- look at her! :)

On the left is my old roomie, Sydney, during my last year at GVSU (also a geo-nut).
There were lots of tasty treats there! Several flavors of cake, candy galore (including some that look like rocks!), and Sam grew up on a dairy farm, which explains these sugar cookies. I thought they were simply adorable! (and delicious too!)I am led to believe this picture was taken when the DJ played Thriller. :) In addition to Sydney, Patrick's jamming to the tune with Ben (on the left) who shared a tent with him during field camp and who I took GEO112 with.
I grooved a lot of the night, but it took a while for me to get comfortable enough to let loose. This would be after "a while," seeing as I'm in the middle of the circle! (This one and the Thriller pic are also compliments of facebook!)

Partying Saturday night made it more difficult to get up early to leave Sunday, but it would have been difficult anyway. It's always sad to go! We're so happy we could come back to Michigan to see everybody. We miss you all already!

No comments: