There hasn't been anything too spectacular going on around here so we haven't posted in a while. Atalie "swears" she'll post soon but we all know that actions speak louder than words. She's still going through the motions: home, work, home, etc. while I'm doing much the same. I have mostly been working on the thesis but got sick of writing and decided to finish compiling my data instead. I went out into the field a few times in the past month, once to the Big River and once to Pearson Creek (my thesis area).
It dawned on me that no one back home really knows what I do out in the field so I thought I'd share some photos from the past year here at MO-State...
Surveying a river channel using a total station.
On the receiving end of the total station.
Soil coring on a floodplain using the drill rig.
Surveying a channel cross-section.
Coring (unsuccessfully) on a river bar.
Using the X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzer on soil cores at the Big River.

More XRF use.
4 comments:
I did like to see the photos of you at work. It looks like it requires a lot of time outdoors with Mother Nature...although, I did know that much. Atalie will get at that blog just as soon as she able to get out from under her office chair.
okay, i'll ask, why are you under your office chair, atalie?
hey, patrick, might those boots be useful at a conference -- depending on the speaker? maybe you shouldn't answer that until after you are awarded your masters.
Ooooo dang! Nice jab, mom :)
For dad and everyone else, to what mom is referring: I often sit in my office chair cross-legged, kneeling, etc.- since it's large and sturdy (one of those big chairs on wheels). When I feel like sitting normally again, I shift my weight to the side to pull my legs out from under me. Well the other day, I guess I overcompensated because I fell over the arm of the chair, with the thing falling down on top of me. I felt rather embarrassed and was most grateful that I do not share an office! :D
just thought i would post a hello on here and say that i hope all is well. i guess atalie is still trapped under that office chair and that patrick is trying to rescue her. ......... the knight / damsel / shining armor / distress / rescue-thing ....... you know what i'm talkin' about
Post a Comment