Sorry to those of you I may have worried or got guessing reasons for my disappearance. Patrick had me locked in a closet and I finally escaped, unharmed, so no need for any further concern or speculation. :)
Actually, that isn't too far off. I might as well have spent the last few months in a closet for all that I've really been up to! Usually we write on this thing when we do something out of the ordinary, but since life has been pretty normal, we've lacked subject matter to post.
Not to make it sound that we (more like Patrick, in particular) haven't been busy though. Patrick is getting stressed in anticipation of a presentation he's giving at the Association of American Geographers' (AAG) annual meeting on the 24th in Las Vegas. Pair that with periodic work trips lasting several days that dig into time he could spend preparing, add in thesis and school work, and that equals a pretty full plate.
Other than work, I've just been experimenting with new recipes for dinner, trying to keep the house clean (our landlord recently began bringing in people to tour the apartment, giving me extra incentive), and staying caught up with my favorite TV shows. I also bought tickets for the midnight showing of Watchmen on opening day, in the new downtown theater. Patrick and I went to dinner with our friend Kat at a favorite Mexican restaurant near the theater, then the three of us got in line behind about 30 other people 2 hours before the movie began. Going to bed at 4 in the morning and waking up for work the next day made me feel young and crazy again! (Really, it made us feel old and tired, but you get what I'm saying!)
So, that's all for now. At least with this conference of Patrick's there will be some 'out of ordinary' subject matter to post again soon. But in spite of that, I apologize again for abandoning the blog for so long! Shame on me! :)
4 comments:
yup, feeling old and tired-- might as well get used to that. i think it is probably okay to do that "young and crazy again" stuff on occasion... you don't get to decide about getting older, just about getting more mature. hence, my resistance to aging is to act young and immature. it doesn't seem to be working out as well as i had hoped.
nice banner/header thingy
why thank you. although, it doesn't really look or feel like that right now.
i think today, sat 3-28-9, will be warmer, sunnier, and free of snow,,,,, compared to where you are in the arctic mid west. enjoy your weather before sending it our way tomorrow. and, maybe, soon, springfield will look like your banner. fingers crossed!
Post a Comment