5.13.2008

New Job

As some of you know, I started a new job a couple weeks ago. I'm still working at the university's HR office in the morning, but I was asked to come in during the afternoons at an advertising agency I recently interviewed at (and didn't get the job I interviewed for actually). So, woo-hoo! I'm doing something related to my degree and getting paid!

Of course, it's still not a dream job. Ideally I'd be working somewhere full time getting benefits, and while some of the work is interesting, my employer's style doesn't really fit my own. I think he's forgotten I haven't been there very often because he'll ask me to do things or find things that I have been given very little information about. And then the other half the time, I'll be totally fine or done w/ my task and he'll go over the same material or forget the decisions we've come to. He's a nice guy, but a little absent-minded I think!

Anyway, I thought I'd let you all know a little bit about how that was going. I think it would be nice if I could have a full time job at the university (advertising oriented or not) for the remainder of the time Patrick is in grad school, since on top of holidays and vacation time, you get about 2 full weeks off for Christmas. No way could I have that anywhere else, making it easier to vacation in Michigan and to have a similar schedule to Patrick. So I'm going to apply for a couple jobs in the university (pray for me!!!) and in the meantime I'll just enjoy the fact that at least I'm getting some more money!

5 comments:

dad a. said...

that "at the park" picture is quite nice. hows about printin' and mailin' me one?

aaa said...

I see that dad spoke for me, and I am glad that he did this time, as I really like having the posting notice come to my mailbox. I think it will be a very helpful reminder to check in more often. It might even work better if you use my work email as that is what I am hooked up to many hours out of the day. I sent you an email yesterday, but received no response - did you get it?

Patrick said...

Which piture from the park are you talking about? Atalie feeding the geese?

dad a. said...

the picture in the slideshow that is labelled, "at the park." it looks like a self-taken picture; patrick in red, atalie in blue.

dad a. said...

what's the new bike look like?