3.04.2008

Is this Michigan or Missouri?!


Today we had a SNOW DAY! The Springfield area got around 5 or 6 inches of snow last night and the whole place shutdown. I know, what a joke! We also witnessed a rare sight this morning as well- TWO snow plows went down our street. The City of Springfield doesn't actually own any plows and had to contract the county to help them out. We were shocked.

This is something like the fifth or sixth day MSU has been closed this semester and if they keep it up the school year might get extended by a week or so. Yuck.

Our snow day was somewhat productive: we shoveled the car out (we might be the only people on the block with a shovel), called GVSU Event Planning to get information on the Cook-Dewitt Center for the ceremony, checked out "save the date" postcard prices and details, and did laundry.

4 comments:

dad a. said...

TOO FUNNY!!! JUST TOO FUNNY!

dad a. said...

Seriously, though, I need the scientific eggheads in the family to explain that global warming thing to me again. I'm just not getting it. And apparently neither is Missouri.

aaa said...

I'm just glad that Mother Nature dropped the snow some place other than Michigan. I fear spring will never arrive. The weight of the snow destroyed my gazebo...the roof supports collapsed and I do not think it is fixable. AND the saddest thing just occurred to me - I have never seen any gazebos sold at Goodwill! What is to be done?

By the way I really like the header on your blog page. It looks very nice - and the ring is okay too. Just teasing Atalie, the ring is what makes it so cool! I thought it looked very professional...for a couple of geeks!

Love you. Mom

Atalie said...

:D hehe, why thank you mumma- so sorry about your gazebo too. boo- i liked that gazebo a lot!