11.09.2007

Crappy Day

So as Patrick pointed out to me, men and women react to disappointing situations in quite different ways: men get mad, women get sad. Hence his venting in the previous post, which is very focused on the situation. And, hence the way I'm acting. It's quite pathetic really: I was completely excited to go hiking this weekend to try out my new gear, get outside, and spend some quality time with Patrick. It's a reasonable thing to be disappointed about, except instead of just leaving it to being upset that I can't go now, I sprawled out on the bed like a mope, haven't changed out of my pajamas, started an argument with Patrick for blaming our misfortunes on hunters which might offend some people we know, and am sort of determined to do nothing today now. I kind of start making everything bad, and to boot, I later accidentally squirted lotion up the sleeve of my shirt too. That didn't help!

So basically, I wanted to tell everyone sorry that you all have to deal with an immature, miserable couple who could learn how to control their disappointment in a way where they don't blame everyone else or don't turn everything into a rain cloud following them around all day- both methods that could potentially make a crappy situation more crappy. (Although, this is starting to sound like advice that most people really could use now that I think about it. Maybe I could spin this whole thing to sound like a parable or a fable instead: Take home the lesson everybody!)

Sooooo, hopefully Patrick and I have both gotten a little of that out of our systems now. Tune in later for the return to our more cheerful and grown-up style of updating from Missouri. :)

3 comments:

mdw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mdw said...

sorry for the grumpy comment. should not use internet when grumpy. i will now write that 100 times.
hope your weekend got better!

Patrick said...

Nah... think nothing of it! We were throwning temper-tantrums likable to a 5 year olds. We had is coming! :)