10.03.2007

GR has it's coolest resident back! hehe :)

So sorry, everybody, that I haven't written in forever! I was pretty busy my last week in Austin, but I am back in Michigan now and have had no good excuse. But here I am again!

I got back in Michigan around 11 p.m. on Saturday night- an hour and a half later than originally planned. The morning of my departure, Sally received an automated voice call explaining that my connecting flight in Memphis had been canceled. After calling the airport, she worked out a change in airline and time, seeing as the airport otherwise would have had me stay the night in the Memphis airport and reassign me to a Sunday flight. Definitely glad that worked out differently.

That was a late night since my family and I stayed up to hang out a little bit, but I've had plenty of time to catch up on sleep since I've spent the last couple of days lounging around the house. Yesterday I started to try to contact people to set up times to visit before I leave in two weeks for Missouri though, so I'm sure my schedule will quickly become much more busy. In fact, it already became a little busier today since my best friend's car broke down in a middle lane on US131 during morning traffic, had to be towed and walked to her apartment from the dealership. I was able to borrow my sister's car and later take her to her dentist appointment and back to the dealership later at least, but that was an unexpected twist for the day (especially for her- poor thing)!

Anyway, I'm sorry again that it's been awhile since any of you have had a new entry to read, but I'll try to be a little better from now on since I am not working at the moment. I'll be reveling in my little vacation time, but I'll try to hang on to those few responsibilities I still have, such as writing on the blog. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the 'trying...responsibiltes' does that include maybe doing a little of your laundry? is there a floor in that room?

Anonymous said...

it really is nice to have my little baby girl home for a visit.