9.22.2007

La Fin du Monde

It was great hearing from everyone back home and abroad yesterday as I am terrible with keeping in touch (my excuse is that I truly am keeping in touch via this blog...). I’ve gotten some great cards in the mail and despite the miniature mailbox that I’ve been assigned they were still in decent shape when I found them. I talked with Mike K for a while and am excited to hear that he and Brad have been talking about coming and visiting me/us sometime in October or early November. Now I just have to think of some stuff we can do…
Last night my friends here at MSU threw a great party for me. I decided to get back to brewing again and we decided to make it the center of the party as my friends were excited to learn how to do it. Derek held the festivities over at his house and my friends went party crazy. They brought a cake, a pie, some gifts, music and some games. It was good fun. Kat gave me this really cool beer mug with the Missouri State logo on it (which she bought earlier that day on the way back from having lunch with Luke and I) and Amanda gave me a bottle of la Fin du Monde, a ridiculously strong Belgian wheat beer brewed in Quebec. We called it a night around 12:30 and Kat drove everyone home- she’s had a rough week and while she probably needed a drink, she didn’t really feel like it.

Anyway, it was a good 24th. Thanks everybody!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

half way to 48. a third of 72. one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. take some metamucil, gum yourself a snack, and get thee to bed, old man.

Atalie said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday sweetheart. It would've been awesome to have been there too, but since I couldn't, I'm so glad you had a nice bunch of friends to celebrate with!

mdw said...

Did you get Calum's card yet? He put alot of creative effort (and quite a few stickers!) into it. He'll be chuffed to know when you get it. Happy Beer-day!

Patrick said...

I sure did- it's on my refrigerator. The t-rex was a lovely addition. I can see he's (sort of) following after his uncle!