Well, it wasn't as exciting as last year's trip to London, Kylerhea and Paris, but we reminisced with a few European touches and thanked the Lord and each other for another great year together!
Instead of the flower market....
A lady at work was selling daffodils for an American Cancer Society fundraiser. They were scheduled to be delivered March 20 so I thought it was fate saying I should bring a bouquet home to my partner. :) What's funny is she handed me a bunch of stems (they hadn't bloomed yet) so it kinda backfired on me, but I teased that it was a more "masculine" version of a bouquet anyway. My coworker told me the next day that his daughter asked him why he was putting asparagus in a vase, but after 12-24 hours, everyone's did open and looked lovely!
Starting the meal with a glass of red certainly wouldn't be looked down upon in the city of love & lights....
Shout out to Kat Barnard! We saved a bottle of much better wine than we're used to from our trip to the winery she works at in Portland, OR to make the night a little more special and celebratory.

It was our first time having a candlelit dinner as you'd picture in the movies with candlesticks and crystal holders.
It wasn't from a boulangerie, but we picked up a fresh French loaf......
-complemented with a couple fancier cheeses, tomato/garlic bruschetta, fruit and veggies for a Grecian-god worthy platter.
Macaroons from a local patisserie....
...although you don't see them here because we were so excited to eat them that we forgot to get a picture of the rather lovely treats. A cute bakery specializing in cupcakes just opened up a block from my work building downtown, so I made plans to check the place out by picking up a few indulgences for anniversary dessert. Black forest and coconut cupcakes are pictured, and in addition to the coconut macaroons we shared a chocolate peanut butter cupcake. I may have to make up the need for another special occasion soon so I can go back and select a few cookies to try next. :)
We finished out the evening by watching the new Three Musketeers movie. When we visited Versailles, we witnessed a film being shot on the premise and when we saw a preview for the Three Musketeers, it made us wonder if that could be the one. Turns out no, but there were plenty of scenes in London and at Versaille that made it fun to point out and say "hey isn't that-?!" and "we were there!"
We're hoping to perhaps spend a future anniversary overseas again one day, but in the meantime the simple ones at home can be fun too!
3 comments:
very nice! we missed you here! happy anniv - cant believe its been 2 years. time flies - xoxo.
It looked like a lovely evening. I agree, it is hard to believe that 2 years have passed. Best wishes for many more happy years!
I think putting asparagus in a vase is not a bad idea. A better idea is to put asparagus in a garbage can. I can't believe that some people put it on dinner plates.(I just threw up a little in my mouth at the thought). . . So very glad your plant actually blossomed a daffodil.
Post a Comment