7.24.2011

4th of July with the Albins

I mentioned in the last blog that I didn't have all the photos we took in Michigan. But now that Patrick is back in town, I can show pictures from the first half of our trip.

We had a nice view of the Sierra Nevada mountains on our plane to Dallas.

We girls had some nice R&R during Cassandra's bachelorette party. My orange toes look pretty cute, but the best part of the pedicure was the massage chair. :)

We headed into downtown GR for dinner at the Bob. My veggie burger was delicious if you need a menu recommendation!

I booked a hotel room, where we sipped on pink champagne and played games- it was great fun to have a girls night!

Patrick, me, and my family went to a Whitecaps game. Dad was prepared in case of a fly ball, but Courtney was the lucky person to end up with one! Not without a little help from Patrick (bobbled it), mom (it then bounced off her back), and me (I covered her 3:00 when I unsuccessfully lunged for it). She did however earn it for keeping a tight grip when some punk kid from who-knows-how-many-rows-back, ran up and tried to take it out of her hands in her lap! "Stealing's wrong!" I should have yelled, but I thought it a few seconds too late. :)

Dad bought Britt a rather fitting souvenir for her, seeing as she had earlier been joining in on audience activities like the chicken and dinosaur dances. :)

Courtney- making mom proud with her cotton candy stained teeth. Mom had earlier joked, "The real reason for going to a baseball game is just to eat trash!" after I told her I couldn't eat anymore of an elephant year until I had some real dinner.


There was a great fireworks show at the end of the game. Oh- and the Whitecaps won, in case you wondered! (Partial thanks must go to the opposing team's shortstop who made error after error!)

Fourth of July BBQ at my grandma's house. Apparently grillmaster mommas was the trend this summer!

After watching the downtown fireworks from the bridge near my parents' house, we set a few off in the backyard that Courtney had bought.

We hope you all had a great 4th of July!

1 comment:

dad a. said...

awesome visit and memories. the thing about stealing and baseball is that stealing (bases) is encouraged for the players