I know it's probably not very springy by most of you all yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying our photos!
3.07.2011
more Spring in my steps!
Last Monday when I dropped off Patrick at work, we noticed the mountains were a lot more visible than they were on our Saturday walk. So I grabbed the camera and headed out for some mild exercise and a better picture. I snapped a few more along the way:
This pony lives a couple blocks from our house. One day when I was jogging I heard him run along the fence after me. After taking this photo, he approached me & I pet him a bit. But not too much since I didn't want my hand to smell all horsey for the rest of my walk, you know? :)
Patrick mentioned in the comments section of the last blog that he found out a lot of these trees we're seeing are almond trees. When I passed under this one, I noticed some of last year's harvest still attached, so I thought I'd show you.
The range is too long to capture entirely in the photo, but here is the most dynamic section of it.
Slightly closer glance, through the barbed wire fence (the walking path dips below the field level for a bit.)
At the university the power cord is mucking up this photo, but you can see the mountains a little better.
I love the splash of color these rows of trees add to the courtyard! Back right: too bad I didn't know there was a hotdog vendor, otherwise I'd totally have brought some lunch money.
Zoomed in for your viewing pleasure. By the way, there are so many trees in bloom that last week the air started to smell like honey. I'm not joking- it is absolutely sweet (in all contexts of the word).
I'm not sure if the farmer had just been to the gate or what, but tons of cows were grouped around the field entrance. They lined the fence for quite a ways and acted as if I was the most intriguing thing on this earth.
Once the path dipped below ground level again, I felt like a gladiator. These guys just stare as if they know something bad is gonna happen to you. Other than that slight ominous feeling, I though they were pretty funny. A herd of them followed me for awhile as if they all wanted to come on back home to be my pets.
This photo I wanted of the bird, not the cows. It's called an egret, and we see them in the nearby fields quite often. Click to zoom in.
Not as interesting of a photo, but these trees border some of the roads around here. They give the land a lot more of a Mediterranean vibe.
I know it's probably not very springy by most of you all yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying our photos!
I know it's probably not very springy by most of you all yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying our photos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think you are the cow whisperer.
those cows have FIVE strands of BARBED wire!!! that's the equivalent of max security for inmates! told you they were evil!
*** Patrick: hey, atalie, does that pony have laryngitis? *Atalie: no, patrick, he's just a little horse.
laryngitis~~~hoarse
hoarse~~~horse
get it???
why do puns get such disdain, especially old ones?
So all these years and we didn't think that maybe Britt could be a squirrel whisperer? Hmm, she may have a gift.... Although I'm thinking based on what dad said, she'd prefer to put them behind 50 lines of barbed wire.
I didn't get that joke at first dad, so thanks for putting up the alternate spelling. Sometimes I can be poor at such things, but I made cents of it after that! ;-)
Post a Comment