...I selected someone else....
Patrick was a charm and helped me spend a lot of Saturday assembling the costume (and assisting me into it!). I had the creative idea of using a vacuum bag for the hat, but I needed a more mechanically savvy mind to construct it for me. :)
We met up with the rest of the group before the party so the paranormal crime fighters could finish work on proton packs and iron-on patches for their jumpsuits.
One of our wedding presents was a celebration cookbook (thanks, Aunt Cheri!) that gave us a cute idea for our snack-to-pass. I wish every spider I ran into was an adorable little Oreo spider.
When I heard there was dancing at this party, I knew I'd look ridiculous, and hence, had to commit to at least one song on the dance floor. Needless to say, I attracted some attention, and a dance partner! I didn't disappoint him, letting him know it was the sexiest dance he'd ever have. haha :)
I was also poked, photographed, told I instilled the desire to body-slam, and asked how I felt coming with the Ghostbusters when I represented all that they hate. It was a rather deep conversation for a Halloween party, but the guy was dressed up as a political statement.
Our group pretty much stole the show when we arrived to the party! I'm happy I went as Mr. Stay Puft, as it ended up being a hit, and a lot more fun for me! Plus, where would the Ghostbusters be, without monsters to fight?
3 comments:
dorks
hahahaha I love it Atalie!!!!
i'm going to call dork-busters
Post a Comment