So it's been a while (over a month) since we've posted a blog and figured we should update everyone...
- Pat and Jackie got engaged and then promptly moved to Alaska. We miss them a lot.
- Most of the stuff we've been up to in the last month involved helping Pat plan/do the engagement and then pack up their stuff.
- Atalie's work has slowed down once again so she's had to start selling things out her closet (yeah right- I wish!). Sucks for us, but we're still grateful that she has some income and (somehow) still has health insurance.
-My job has picked up a little bit as I've taken over responsibilities for other people. However, I'm running out of my allotted1,000 hours. There's a chance, though, that a full-time "real" job will be offered this fall in replacement of an employee that's moving on to PhD school.
- No jobs prospects yet.... job postings slowed down a bit for a while so I haven't been applying. I've seen more lately that are relevant and am prepping the resume (which is a way of saying I'm procrastinating). Atalie, on the other hand, has applied for one job so far and spent no time looking for any other jobs. Naughty girl.
- Other than that, we're just planning (sort of) the reception in MI coming up at the end of July.
- We've been down to AR a few times and visited Courtney for her birthday last weekend as well. This weekend we're hanging out with her again since she gets some time off for the 4th. Hopefully Atalie will get bored at home during the day and post some pictures. It's more likely that she'll be doing dishes since we have no cupboard space to put them away because we're locked in an epic battle to the death with a mouse.
4 comments:
i'm sending mario down...he'll get that mouse for you
Is he coming via FedEx, UPS, or bicycle?
Actually, I have sold things out of my closet! Pat & Jackie had a garage sale before they left, and we earned $80 from throwing some of our belongings in it too. :)
our cat did not do too good a job with the mouse we had last winter --- so i won't offer to send poor simon cat --- i do offer sincere wishes for a swift and victorious outcome in the quest to dispatch of this vile adversary.
Post a Comment