Here's a quick report on how we've celebrated some of holidays and special occasions from the last month!

I bought an egg decorating kit last year that Patrick and I were too lazy to use, so we just saved it for this year! Easter crept up on us since we had been busy with wedding/honeymoon stuff, so we found ourselves scrambling the-day-of to make some plans. Our friends were already busy, so we threw together a last minute meal on our own, which ended up being rather perfect. The fridge had the makings for Shepherd's Pie (how appropriate on a day we honor our Shepherd!), which we served with a delicious red wine & elegant wine glasses from the wedding (credit goes to Mike Kujawa!). It was a lovely first Easter dinner together as a married couple!

Our friend Ben was out of town for his early-April birthday, at a conference in Washington D.C., so we hosted an honorary dinner a week later, with Pat & Jackie in attendance too. We had this beverage display waiting for him to see when he walked in the door, dined on our favorite fondue recipe, played a fun board game called Locale (compliments of Patrick's sister, Jackie), and Ben blew out a birthday candle served with strawberry shortcake.

Our friends were in class on Cinco de Mayo, so Patrick and I celebrated on our own this day too. But, we really enjoyed ourselves and the delightful dinner of loaded vegetarian tacos & margaritas we made! I tried to be festive at work with a bright pink & ruffled skirt too (thanks, Sally!). :)
Over the last week & a half, we've been regular social butterflies, with 2 department parties, 2 birthday party dinners, and a graduation lunch & dinner! But we don't have pictures from most of them, so you're out of luck. :) Hope you enjoyed these few in the meantime!
5 comments:
Seems like an aweful lot of partying! Save some of your exhuberance for when we arrive, although I doubt your tired dad, and your gimpy armed mom will tax your high energy reserves too much, lol. Loved the eggs.
hey, A...how bought we see more skirt and less talk!!!
Of course I'm joking...(or am i...don't tell pat)
Looks like you two did more that day then I did...I think I was off hunting for a new job that day. Can't wait to see you guys this summer...even if its for a long weekend.
ditto brad on the part about seeing you guys this summer, but not all the creepy stuff.
Agreed, Jim. Brad is rather creepy. Nevertheless we're looking forward to seeing him and all of you as well!
it's ok to save the decorating kit for a year - - - just not the eggs. . . . trust me on that.
Post a Comment