12.08.2008

Thanksgiving Memories & Christmas Anticipation

As many, and possibly all, of you know, I was fortunate enough to talk my parents and one sis into coming to Missouri for Thanksgiving! They arrived Wednesday, and after a relaxing night we woke up to a morning full of meal preparations. Despite several clocks in the apartment, mom was running on Michigan time still (i.e. her wrist watch), and threw the turkey in a tad bit early. :) Other than that, everything went according to plan, and all the food- turkey to boot- was delicious! I even ventured to make my Grandma's pumpkin pie recipe, which I'd say was a success since it tasted just like hers! Our friend Kat's mom came to visit her on Thanksgiving as well, so the two of them joined in our gluttony. We needed the next 8 hours to let it digest, so we spent the afternoon and evening lounging and chatting- before dipping into the leftovers again, of course!

Mom, Dad and Britt left on Saturday, following a casual Friday during which we did our little bit of shopping. While I was sad to see them go, Patrick and I made the best of the remainder of our weekend by enjoying some hot cocoa and reading in front of our fireplace. Our week since has been uneventful, but with Christmas just around the corner, it's pretty impossible not to get excited! With our tabletop tree decorated (courtesy of my mom), and a gingerbread house ready for construction (courtesy of Patrick's mom), Patrick and I are already celebrating. But the real fun isn't going to begin until the 20th, when we leave for Michigan! Hmmm, maybe I should say the 21st.... a 10-12 hour car ride isn't really what I'd call the beginning of fun on second thought! :)

Mom and I may not seem like successful chefs by the look of us, but we let the food do the talking!

Brittany in her jammies, keeping an eye on mom and me through the kitchen window.

(Sorry- Patrick and I don't have any pictures of the actual event!)

Our Sunday afternoon owed its leisure to this!


Our cute miniature tree, spreading some Christmas cheer throughout the living room!

4 comments:

dad a. said...

the food was indeed delicious ..... BURRRRP --- better the up elevator, than the down escalator

aaa said...

I have started to post a comment at least 3 times now, but on each occasion I have been interrupted and never finished. I like the picture of the tree - it looks like a professional back drop. Where did you take it?

We had a good time at Thanksgiving, and it was so good to see you. I am always sad when we pull away knowing the distance between us. I am looking forward to Christmas when we will be together again.

Atalie said...

The tree is on top of the end table between the futon and the black armchair, in the corner. It adds a little Christmas spirit to the place!

I was sad when you all left too, but at least it's a short amount of time between visits. I'm getting excited for Christmastime at home! :)

Patrick said...

I must say, Atalie, that is a rather nice picture of the tree...
did I take it?? Just kidding :)