12.10.2008

Hansel and Gretel?

My mother sends, as is her yearly obligation, a gift to us for St. Nicholas Day and this year was no exception. She sent a ginger bread house kit which, when packaged looked like a brick of cocaine (except it sounded like a box of cereal when shaken). Not that I know what a brick of cocaine looks like...

We erected and decorated it this evening and this is what we managed to create:

Patrick putting the roof on.


Atalie frosting the roof


Continued decoration...


All finished!


Oh, and I almost forgot- I submitted my application for PhD to UW-Madison this morning.

5 comments:

aaa said...

Exceptional work on the gingerbread house! Does this mean you know the secrets of escaping from a witches house? Be careful how you answer Patrick, because if you ask me to feel a chicken bone while your in Michigan, and then make a mad dash for the door...you are so in trouble!

Good luck on the application. It would be lovely beyond belief to have you and Atalie closer. Plus, I've heard that Madison has a huge artsy community, so it sounds like my kind of place for a vacation --- how's that grab you, Dr. Womble?

Atalie said...

I agree, mom- on all counts. And even though you already complimented the gingerbread house I have to add my own exclamations- it's so cute and colorful!

I might be like Dad w/ the chocolate Easter bunnies though. I keep trying to convince Patrick we should eat the back wall. He disagrees, but he might just find a new back entrance on the house one day...tornado? :D

Patrick said...

Well, Mrs. A, I live with your eldest, who limits our chicken concumption to the boneless variety so I think the posssiblity of me finding a chicken bone is minor. I think an artsy vacation would be lovely. This is, of course, assuming I get accepted! Or, if you're up for it, we can always drive out there anyway.

As for you, Miss Atalie, you're gonna be in big trouble if you wreck that house before I get home...

mdw said...

lovely house! if you ever need a job, we've got a lot of work on at the moment. i'm sure the making the transition between gingerbread and architecture will be fairly easy for a couple as talented as you two! fingers crossed on the ap. future cheeseheads...sounds good.

Unknown said...

I think that this house is one of the most beautiful ones you have ever done. Maybe that's because atalie helped. I so have a cheesehead for you to wear if you get accepted.