11.05.2008

Anniversary & Halloween

Last Thursday (the 30th) was our 6 year anniversary! We celebrated it after work/school with a delicious dinner at a Mexican restaurant downtown that had great food and atmosphere, and on our way home we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some pumpkins. After turning them into Jack-o-lanterns, we toasted the occasion w/ a glass of wine we picked out special! And although we didn't really plan on exchanging gifts, I was pleasantly surprised with a beautiful bouquet of a dozen roses sent to the office w/ a box of chocolates in tow! :) (This is Atalie, writing under Patrick's user name.)


As for Halloween, we were a little lame this year, as we didn't do anything. :) We bought some candy that we dropped off at our church's event, but we appeared to be a little early for the festivities. We hadn't eaten dinner yet so we left and just watched the Halloween specials on TV after we cooked our food. Even though it wasn't anything over the top, it was nice to just relax. Besides, we celebrated the night before! :)

Scooping out the guts...


...and scraping it clean!


We didn't strive for anything that complex (me especially- haha) but I think they're cute!


Group picture!


This one's for you Mike :)

4 comments:

dad a. said...

happy anniversary and happy halloween! two consecutive nights of festivities is a bit much?? age and celebrating are indirectly proportional -- the older you get, the less you're able to celebrate. how old are you two now??

aaa said...

Cute pictures! I especially liked the group picture, but also admired the beautiful roses, and smiling pumpkins. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving together; you can save up the energy you saved on Halloween to celebrate with us then. Speaking of celebrating it was Grandma's 83rd birthday last evening. After sending dad and me on a wild goose chase to a restaurant on the oppositie side of town that ended up being closed, we finally ended up at Russ's on Plainfield...simple but delicious. It was a nice evening regardless of the communication probelms and I think Gramdma's spirits were lifted again after her broken heart following the election. She rebounded by the end of the evening and basked in all the special attention. It was Aunt Cheri, Tina, Linda, your dad and me...a small but entertaining group! Love you.

Atalie said...

We're old enough that I can add merit to your argument, Dad. :)

Thanks for reminding me about G-ma's b-day, Mom! I called her a day late, but she seemed to like it anyway!

Love ya all!

mikekujawa said...

I remember carving a pumpkin at the old college apartment that we all lived in. That one turned out awesome. I haven't carved out anything ever since, sadly. Yours look pretty good. :)