8.01.2008

What's been going on, plus some more pictures

Hey everybody! We've kind of gone back to a traditional, not as exciting lifestyle these past two weeks, but I'll let you know what we've been up to, all the same:
  • First of all, my bites/poison ivy/whatever they were, are mostly all gone. There's still a bit of an outline to it and they still itch occasionally, but the medicines seemed to have worked.
  • We saw Dark Knight last Saturday, and it was AWESOME. Heath Ledger is a scene stealer for sure, and a total creep! :) Patrick and I spent several hours with Kat on the Friday before we saw it, looking for Batman Begins (we hadn't seen it yet, but were determined to before we saw Dark Knight). It was all rented out or there were only $30 special edition sets to buy, but we finally found the rare movie for all of $5!!! Probably the only one in the city!
  • Patrick and I resumed some jogging again this week. (Applause for us!) It was hot, muggy, and difficult, but really satisfying too. I'm very proud of us! However, I rewarded us in the not so enjoyable fashion of locking us out when we returned from our exercise one night, and we didn't have any phones either (way to go, me). Patrick knocked on a neighbors door and contacted the landlord, who had to send the maintenance man out to us. After a $25 fee and some mosquito bites from our wait outside, I learned my lesson!
  • We're going to the fair this weekend! We'll let you know how that goes, but we're anticipating slaw dogs, elephant ears and lemonade!
  • My best friend Cassandra informed me after this past week's doctor visit, that she is going to have her baby girl any day now! Patrick and I are going to be godparents! :)
  • I finally can show you some pictures of me rock climbing! I was able to view some of Kat's photos, so here's some copies:

Getting ready for lift off. :)

A really good picture of Patrick, as he waits to climb.
I just got past the most difficult part!
Pausing for a photo op! (And a break- I got too worn out to make it to the top!)
Yup, that's Patrick swinging from the tree. What a goofball! :)
Taking a break on the next wall. Luckily there were some nice ledges!

Yay! I made it to the top of this one!

4 comments:

aaa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aaa said...

Patrick swinging from the top of a tree, huh? I know what Courtney would call him. I assume he hasn't grown a tail yet.

How did the dress shopping go?

Atalie said...

the funny thing is, when i saved the picture, i called the file name, "monkey" :) hehe

dress shopping? well, i'll just tell you about that over the phone...

dad a. said...

atalie, your complexion/pallor look good. patrick, you have tired eyes. you both look good/healthy in those pics. that's nice for a parent to see.