5.20.2008

One down, one to go...

I've officially finished my first year in graduate school!
My year in a nutshell:
Scorched in August
Encased in ice in February
Soaked on the way to school in March/April/May

It was a good year and I'm hoping the next will be just as nice. I'm looking forward to the summer so that I might get all the field work done for my Thesis. Next fall I'm going to be going to conferences and presenting stuff about my study area so I need to be ready. I'm already feeling the pressure to get moving on my Thesis so I can get out of here in May, 2009. Unfortunately, budgeting time has never been my forte.

I must say, Springfield has a whole different feel than GR or Okemos. Down here it seems that more people like to be outdoors in the city whereas in Michigan if people wanted to go outside they drove a few hours to their cabins. Maybe it's just because the weather seems to cooperate (a little) more down here than up there or maybe it's that everyone wants to get their "outdoors" time in before it gets 90 degrees with 90% humidity.

2 comments:

aaa said...

Good job on completing your first year. We don't like having you so far away, but we are proud of what you are accomplishing.

dad a. said...

same as she(aaa) said.