4.20.2008
The week in Boston
This past week I flew to Boston to present some research at the annual conference of The Association of American Geographers. It was great fun! We had, or rather will have, all expenses paid by the school and our $300/night hotel was just the beginning! It turns out, Boston is EXPENSIVE! Literally everything costs twice as much as here in Springfield. The food was great and I ate lots of it though I didn't have the guts to try oysters (maybe next time). I did a little bit of the tourist thing off and on during the week with a couple of the other people from school. We walked the "Freedom Trail" which is a guided walk through Boston to places of importance during the Revolution in the 1770s such as the burial ground that has Samuel Adams, John Hancock, Paul Revere, and others; Paul Reveres house, the USS Constitution, Old North Church, and the Bunker Hill monument, went to Cheers, and Harvard Square. I ended off the week with a tour of the Samuel Adams Brewhouse which was really cool and Saturday Derek, Amanda, and I just relaxed in Boston Commons park and people watched before getting on the T to go to the airport. Oh yeah- I presented the poster Friday morning. :-)
Statue of Paul Revere.
Old North Church.
USS Constitution- the oldest active warship in the US Navy.
Fermentation tanks at Sam Adams Brewhouse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Too bad I wasn't there too- sounded like fun! Maybe next conference! (Patrick said next year's AAG meeting is in Las Vegas! woo!) :D
looks like the old north church behind paul revere's statue. nice pictures; good that you did the walk thing to see the sites.
wow...I didn't even know you went. How was the taste testing while you were there?
The taste testing was awesome. The tour was short and free(!) and we got to keep the little 7ounce tasting glasses when we left. Those guys are so cool.
Post a Comment