1.14.2008

a new semester commences

Patrick and I are back in Springfield now, after an even longer drive through the Midwest than usual this past Wednesday. We started out in Grand Rapids, but we backtracked to Okemos to pick up and drop off a few things first, adding a couple of hours to an already long trek. Needless to say, we were pretty tired and spent a good portion of the last couple of days sleeping extra and just taking it easy before Patrick had to return to school/work this week. We hung out with our friends a couple of times and did a bit of shopping since we had a gift card to spend (we now have food in the house and a coffee table- yay!)

It's going to be difficult adjusting to our normal schedule again, but I think it will be nice too. For one thing, I feel like a total slug for not exercising the last month while we were in Michigan, and Patrick mentioned once that he was a little excited to return to work at the university. Of course, I think I might keel over and die when I revisit the aerobic kickboxing tape this next week or two, and Patrick went into work a couple hours later than he originally aimed for this morning, but I'm sure we can get the hang of it again soon! (hopefully) :)

2 comments:

dad a. said...

sounds like old age creeping up on you two.

dad a. said...

bet you miss michigan as i see it's a blistering 32 degrees there today. we probably won't get up to our predicted high of fourteen -- it is currently eleven and has been that temp for quite awhile.