Patrick decided to quit cutting his out before he got too far, figuring we could pick up some of the smaller pumpkin saws meant for carving out more intricate patterns. I, however, was stubbornly set on finishing mine, which explains why my witch riding a broom had a missing foot, hat brim, nose and only half a broomstick when I was done with her. I managed to mend her up enough to look decent when lit up, but by the next morning, her prosthetic parts fell off again, and by night the whole design fell out of the pumpkin, leaving a giant gaping hole in the front. (It's ok if you laugh- we did too.)
After buying some pumpkin saws over the weekend, Patrick was able to finish carving out his cat, and I began a ghost on a new pumpkin with much more success. Both looked quite good afterwards, especially lit up! Unfortunately, because Patrick's had been cut up a half week earlier than my new one, his didn't quite last to see Halloween night, on account of daily hair and fungal growth. But with a handy camera, you all can still see them all in their glory!
2 comments:
daily hair and fungal growth .... i hate it when that happens - i won't say any more.
those pumpkins looked quite amazing
Post a Comment