9.04.2007

Enchiladas!

I guess I'll follow At's chapter with a shorter entry, wrapping up the weekend.

We had a wonderful evening last night with rigorous games of backgammon (I won finally!) and a superb dinner- I love enchiladas! I must say, the dishes she got are pretty cool and the whole ensemble looks rather sharp on our little table. The silverware we bought this weekend is nice as well as functional. We wrapped the night up with a movie and went to bed.

I dropped her off this morning at 5am (yuck) and she made it back to Texas safely just in time for work. I couldn't really get back to sleep this morning after dropping her off and had to live with that all day. Plus, nothing at work was terribly interesting anyway.

Note: Should blogs be called "online journals?" These feel like journal entries to me. Maybe I just don't know what blogs should be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

at, i won't tell patrick you probably let him win, okay? shhhhhh.

Brie, Kyle, Ava and Acelynn Hensley said...

Ratrick, blog is short for online journals..........glad to see that you are adjusting well to your new home. when will you be back to michigan?? hope to see you soon so you can meet Ava...

Patrick said...

I'm pretty sure I won't be back until Thanksgiving, unfortunately. I don't get a paycheck til the end of September so money is soon going to be in short supply (unless my sugar momma, Atalie, sends some). I'd like to visit sooner, but it is a full days drive one way, so I need more than a weekend in order to have time to see anyone.

Atalie said...

Dad- unfortunately I did not let him win. But in favor of my reputation, I did teach him how to play.... :)

Brie- I'll be back to Michigan at the beginning of October and I'd like to meet Ava! :D

Anonymous said...

patrick, you and atalie doing awesome job keeping all us informed. this web-log stuff quite effective/efficient/darn good. atalie, if you not let him win, well, i won't say trickery, cheating, or similar was involved. i won't say that.... but wonder what could be explanation. did he use his manly wiles/charm to distract you?

Anonymous said...

i wrote the above comment on the "enchilidas" post. the "you're doing an awesome job" comment. i thought i put my name on it. i think i put my name on this one. dad a.