I just got done with the free lunch that went along with Orientation. It was spaghetti- the same thing I had last night for dinner which I’m also eating tonight. Go figure. Anyway, the first half of Orientation was EXTREMELY boring- all this talk of applying and paper work and stuff I won’t need to worry about until next year. The second half involved current Profs and Alumni and was much more informative. Apparently, now I am not only a student, I am a Professional. Expectations will be higher and taking the initiative is the only way to survive. I know this blog is titled “The Pro and the Geek,” but now I’m unsure as to which role I fulfill. I was perfectly fine with having all the attributes of a Geek and relinquishing the title of “Professional” to my advert-loving partner in crime. Who knows now? Another thought: maybe this takes me to a higher plane of Geekdom… Maybe I'm a SuperGeek! Not to be confused with Superfreak, although, come to think of it, that might be fitting as well.
I did my laundry yesterday and with what I spent at the Laundromat, I think we could buy a moderately high-end washer by the end of this year and a dryer by the end of next year. The nice part about the Laundromat is that I can do all of my laundry at once in the multiple machines available. I did get the evil eye from the Attendant as I accidentally used three of the four “Attendant” washers. Who knew? Apparently, you can just drop off your laundry, she’ll do it for you, and then you pick it up later in the week. Crazy Laundromats.
Kat (a Geology friend from GVSU) and I went shopping on Saturday for clothes. JC Penny was the store of choice and provided ample clothing for the time being. Seen as though I pretty much need to replace my whole wardrobe, I figure we’d done alright. I must be getting old and here’s why: the vast majority of the shorts were too long. It’s like they were a cross between Capri’s and shorts (regular shorts). Side note: there is something to be said for short shorts- they cooler (temperature wise) and not as constricting. However, they do show off some pretty bright white thighs that could be distracting to Pilots flying overhead. By regular shorts I mean shorts with around an 8” inseam. These suckers at the store had the crotches down to mid-thigh and darn near foot-long inseams. Ridiculous!
5 comments:
i always heard that geologists do not require a low crotch nor a long inseam.
haha- do you have a source to back that outrageous accusation? :)
First it's an Orient-ation; then you take over the laundramat; are you turning Chinese? Is Atalie okay with?
Things seem to be turning out well for you in your new home. Do you know any other people from GVSU that are down there by you ? Thats helpful to have people that you know around.
Keep on being the geek and leave the professionalism to...the pro's? That doesn't make any sense. Nevermind. Woot.
Remember that your life will be school 24 - 7 in a few weeks. Fun stuff.
Stay classy,
~M.Kujawa
Yeah, at least you were watching your clothes while they were in the laundromat... Sandra left them in our apartment dryers once and all of her underwear got stolen...
Seriously, who steals someone elses underwear? At least it was clean, I guess!?!?!
We miss you guys.
Love,
Tyler S.
Post a Comment