8.10.2007

"On the Move in Business: Former intern Atalie Albin left ECPR to become the newest Interactive Media Coordinator at GSD&M."

If things had gone as scheduled, I would be leaving tomorrow for Michigan, but instead, it is the end of week 1 of 8 more that I will be spending here in Austin. The nice thing is, I am liking my new job so far. What I am doing is using a program to generate reports on AT&T's online advertising campaigns, then taking the data and dropping it into a spreadsheet template that is given to the client to more easily understand the campaigns' performances.

One of the reports takes a really long time to do, and you have to be very careful- it's such detailed work- but it's not difficult, just exercise for my mind and eyes. Everyone there is really nice too, and right now I'm sitting at someone else's desk while she's on vacation so I'm amidst everyone else in the main media block. (Unfortunately when she's back, I'll be moved to my desk in a more isolated room down the hall, but at least by then I should have a better idea of what I'm doing and won't need to ask the people around me for help as often.)

Already I am excited thinking about my first paycheck (even though I won't receive it for about a month) because I carpool w/ Sally, who tends to work 10-12 hour days on average, meaning I'm going to have a lot of hours. And, because I am an hourly paid worker, I will make time and a half on anything over 40 hours a week (and my regular salary is already nice at $13/hr). Basically, I am going to be cashing in!!! :D

My hours this week were a little shorter, however, because I was finishing up my internship at the public relations firm I was at. My last day was today, so I made a treat to bring in to the office and wrote everyone there a personalized thank you note in some really pretty (and a little pricey) cards. Everyone at the office LOVED it all and said that they didn't think any other intern had done anything like that before. How's that for a great lasting impression?! :)

They also gave me a parting gift, which I like a lot. A shiny silvery business card holder with my initials engraved on the top, a letter of recommendation, and a small pack of fabulous looking photographs I picked out from the mounds of pictures taken during the Lady Bird Johnson tribute work. Very nice tokens of my time spent at Elizabeth Christian & Associates!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to be scheming how to get that desk for yourself. plant something incriminating in it while that person is away.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, little girl. Hope all continues to go well. Don't spend that paycheck until you get it. Put some aside to help get your dad into a good nursing home in a few years. Well, maybe more than a few years. One with cute nurses.

Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like things are working out pretty well for you in your new position. I actually looked over GSD&M's website and applied for a position that sounded a lot like yours. I have been applying to several other places as well and trying to keep my options open.

I like this little blog that you guys have going, it keeps me up to date on everything.

My future sister-in-law had her bridal shower this past weekend. The boyz went golfing while the girls did whatever girls do. Everything worked out well and we and wonderful weather.

Miss ya,

~M.Kujawa