8.22.2007

long day at school

Well, Wednesdays are going to be my long days. Class from 8am to 6pm got old last semester at GVSU, so it's nice that it's only one day a week this semester. Tomorrow it's laundry and running to the grocery store after I get back from school/work.
Of note: The gym is right across the sidewalk from the building I'm in, so I figure I might check it out and try to work off some of that *cough* soda gut that I've been working on sometime. :)
I have an idea for what my thesis might be. In short, it's possible that it'll be looking at concentrations of Zinc and Lead in some floodplain soils downstream of an old mine then mapping the elevations at different parts of the stream. It'll be useful for developers and builders so they can avoid building on sites with really high concentrations present (not that they'll listen). The nice thing is it should make me pretty employable since pollution from mining is a hot topic right now.

Atalie's going to be here to visit in a week!

5 comments:

Atalie said...

I can't wait!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

I know builders hurry and want to get the "lead out." But, developers market to many; so they add lots of features and try to include the "kitchen zinc."

Anonymous said...

seven days without atalie makes ... one weak/ one week.

Atalie said...

Awwwww! :D Thanks, Dad!

Atalie said...

Haha- i just got that kitchen joke. (and this is not the first time I've read it) I'm slow. :D hehe