8.07.2007

It's official

Well, I went over to school today and got all straightened out with employment forms, school ID, and with keys for my office on the way (yes, I do have an office but before you get excited, it's a shared office). I also met my GA supervisor and another current Grad student whose Alma Mater is Northwest Missouri- the same Northwest Missouri that Grand Valley spanked TWICE in the National Championship- needless to say, he had definitely heard of GVSU. The prof in charge of me offered a spot on a small field trip to me with the rest of the Ozarks Environmental and Water Resources Institute (OWERI) staff. Technically, the project I'm going to be assisting in research with is through OEWRI, so I'll get a chance to get to know the people I'll be working with.

The dresser and nightstand are coming along; both are painted and drying. The paint is still kind of soft so I haven't gotten to put the cool new hardware on yet. I feel Like Atalie's Mom as I haven't taken up upholstery as a new mission. The Scotland crews' desk chair seat foam has disintegrated and is exploding out of the bottom. SO, with Martha Stewart by my side I'm going to re-cover that chair. All of this stuff has been fun, though.

Oh yeah: The money draining out of my bank account is not fun- Atalie SEND MONEY!!

3 comments:

idaband said...

Sounds like you'll be busy. Nice to hear you'll be talking up sewing. Tally will have to catch up with you when she gets there. Or maybe she'll just become the 'Man' of the house, while you do all the cleaning, cooking, and sewing.

Patrick said...

hahaha- touche!

Atalie said...

Haha- nice suggestion Brad! Get to work scrubbing the floor Patrick, and after that you can wash windows and bake me a casserole! :D