8.20.2007

I better not burn out yet!

Sorry I haven't been writing posts super often, but this job of mine is taking up a lot of time! I do like it fairly well, and get along well with my co-workers, but boy oh boy- there can be some long days. Last Monday, as well as today, were both 12 hour days, for example, which did not include my 15 minute lunch break.

Today seemed worse for me in comparison to a week ago though, because we got done at the same time even though we did a lot less (we decided to leave the geographic-targeted ad reporting that we did last week to just once a month). This could be because even though 3 of us were working on it last week, only I worked on it today. Yet it is still capable of being finished in that time frame by one person, and the others even chipped in to help me as the end of the evening approached.

I was pretty pooped at one point. Hadn't eaten much, been staring at the screen for hours on end, and some of the stuff is very tedious and I knew there had to be faster ways to do it. The girl whose desk I occupied the last two weeks is back from vacation now, and I hope I didn't seem like an unenthusiastic or bad-attituded worker. I am sure she must not think of me as exactly upbeat though by the looks of me at 6:00 when she called me over to offer me some advice. I was the worse for wear and should have acted a little bit less like a walking pity party.

She tried to teach me some things to help some of the work go faster, but go figure I had already done the most tedious and time consuming parts of the report already. I should have asked for those tips earlier!!! I guess this week she said we could reformat the report so that it will be much easier to withdraw the information from it in the coming up weeks. That will be totally awesome, although I must admit that I like thinking of the $$$ a 12 hour day will help get me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can get tips on your job, too??? Wow!!! No wonder you like thinking of all the $$$ you can earn. Just don't spends it till you gots it.