8.05.2007

Hasta luego! (I'll see you later!)

After an 11 hour drive, Sally and I are back from our trip to Missouri. It was a long time in the car, but it was definitely worth it. I am so happy I was able to see the apartment (which is super cool) and ecstatic that I was able to see Patrick (although it made me miss him even more now).

As Patrick mentioned, we spent a lot of money this weekend (and I feel guilty that none of it was mine- I’ve only got about $80 in cash and bank at the moment!) such as our $600 futon, but our apartment is going to look awesome when everything comes together. The futon is a cool looking hardwood frame with a spring filled mattress so it should last a long time and any guests should appreciate our expenditure, and all of our smaller purchases such as pillows, a nifty looking shower curtain, and an area rug compliment what we have and make the place look more cozy. Everything we bought will come in handy but it still surprises me how much all the stuff for an apartment costs. I don’t even want to think about the money needed in purchasing and furnishing a house!

Not only does moving require a lot of money, but a lot of work too. My feet hurt so bad after shopping all day yesterday, and I’m sure Patrick is extremely exhausted after doing not only that, but also unloading the trailer and cars, putting stuff away, and all his work today sanding and painting some of our furniture.

In a nut shell, the trip was great regardless of the costs, but I wish I could have stayed down there all week since Patrick will actually have some free time before school starts and since I’d like to help shape up the apartment with him. I hate thinking that he’s all alone in the place for the next two months because I’m already feeling lonely (and I’ve even got a roommate!). Basically, I am hoping that time goes by really fast- I’ll be back soon, Springfield!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thankful all had a safe trip(mich & tex). glad the sweathearts saw each other after so long. hope the new job/school are great experiences.

Anonymous said...

OOPS! Even though they probably were sweaty from moving/unpacking/etc, I meant SWEETHEARTS.