8.25.2007

The first week is over

This week was pretty exciting and marked my sixth Fall semester at a university. Classes were ok- I don’t really have any homework yet. Thankfully, my math course is starting slow and explaining all of the concepts before throwing equations at us and expecting us to understand them. My schedule is nice, though, with plenty of (perceived) time to work on homework and OEWRI stuff. It’s crazy, though, because I’m not like the vast majority of Grad students: I’m not a teaching assistant. I work outside of the department, heck, I’m not even on the departments mailing list. Doesn’t matter- I think I’m going to enjoy the work I’ll be doing.
It doesn’t seem that long ago when I was first moving in at GVSU. These years have rocketed by, one after the other, so quickly I can barely remember experiencing them. It’ll be 5 years in October for Atalie and I- half of a decade just flew by in a flash. I’m not complaining- they were the best years of my life (so far). Then there’s going back onto campus at 24- now I’m starting to feel a bit old- as Brad can attest to, looking at all of the young Freshmen is weird.
It’s funny, the only thing you really think about as a Freshmen is being cool, making friends, and well, going to parties. Now, in their eyes, I’m lame. The only thing I worry about now is school, thesis work, and going to bed by midnight. After all, I am a professional now :)
Anyway, it’s way past my bedtime…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess patrick has answered the question. atalie, you must be the geek. well, well, well....

Patrick said...

I'll hold the position until she gets a job.

Anonymous said...

patrick, you better get that pocket protector you've always wanted, and some tape on your glasses. it's temporary, but she's got a job. invest in that doghouse i mentioned before. and a shovel to dig out of the ****pile you're getting into. you are so in trouble when atalie gets there! ooooh-oooh! can you still email in a full-body cast?

Anonymous said...

I hope you two have a great weekend! Love ya.

Atalie said...

Why thank you, mum! :D We love you too!

Atalie said...

Haha- Patrick's not in trouble for that. I know I'm a geek whether I have any kind of job or not. However, that's a very good point about the full body cast, were I to be angry. Better watch yourself Patrick! ;)